JEFFERSON COUNTY, IL — The Senior Saints Hall of Fame Committee, in conjunction with major sponsor Heritage Woods of Mt. Vernon, the City of Mt. Vernon and the Jefferson County Board, would like to announce the Senior Saints Hall of Fame nomination forms are now available and being accepted for 2021. Individuals being chosen as Senior Saints will be honored at a banquet on November 5th at Cedarhurst Center for the Arts.
Co-Chair of the Hall of Fame Committee Michaela Wharton says for more than two decades this prestigious honor has been bestowed upon a select group of Jefferson County senior citizens who exemplify commitment to community service and a love for their country, as well as an overall effort to make a positive, lasting impact.
In order to be eligible to be honored as a Senior Saint, individuals must meet the following criteria:
1. Nominee must have been 65 years of age or older on January 1, 2021
2. Nominee must have been living on January 1, 2021
3. Nominee must be a resident of Jefferson County
4. Current paid political office holders will not be eligible for nomination
Application forms are available on Facebook at Jefferson Co. Seniors Hall of Fame and at Heritage Woods of Mt. Vernon located at 1033 South 42nd St. Please note that a mask must be worn when approaching and entering the building.
Nominations must be completed and received by the Senior Saints Committee, at P.O. Box 342, Mt. Vernon, by Friday, July 2, 2021.
Nomination Criteria includes:
1. Nominee must demonstrate community service, including civic activities.
2. Nominee must demonstrate love of country and/or community.
3. Nominee must exemplify the ability to embrace change.
4. Describe action taken by nominee in response to adversity (their own or others).
Front of application form must be completed in full and be accompanied by at least three letters of recommendation.
For more information about how to nominate an individual, visit the Hall of Fame’s Facebook page @jefferson-c-o-seniors-hall-of-fame.
You can also contact Wharton at 838-5888 or David Keen 316-9502.
You can listen to the full interview with Wharton on Sunday with the Southern Illinois Insider starting at 11am on WMIX.