Centralia FD contains furnace blaze at Trinity Lutheran School

Centralia FD contains furnace blaze at Trinity Lutheran School

CENTRALIA — Centralia City firefighters responded around 2:30 Tuesday morning to a fire alarm at Trinity Lutheran School where they reportedly found a fire in a furnace in the school gym.

Officials say it’s unlikely the fire would have spread from the furnace, but the fire alarm prevented the gym from filling with smoke.

A motor in the furnace had apparently seized up and caused the fire. Firefighters disabled the furnace until repairs could be made.