Dropped Cigarette Believed to Have Caused House Fire Tuesday Night in Centralia

Dropped Cigarette Believed to Have Caused House Fire Tuesday Night in Centralia

CENTRALIA — Centralia firefighters responded around 10:45 p.m. Tuesday night to a house fire at #16 Holiday Terrace.

Upon their arrival, firefighters reportedly found flames shooting from the front of the home.

The fire is believed to have been started by a dropped cigarette. The homeowner reportedly attempted to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher before calling 9-1-1. The blaze quickly spread to the entire living room.

The homeowner, his wife, and a young boy were all taken to the hospital for treatment from possible smoke inhalation. The woman also fell while trying to escape the fire and struck her head.

A car in the garage was also damaged from the intense smoke.