All possessions inside mobile home lost during Saturday afternoon fire in Centralia

All possessions inside mobile home lost during Saturday afternoon fire in Centralia

CENTRALIA — A Centralia man received second and third-degree burns Saturday afternoon when a mobile home at 1218 North Sycamore caught fire.

Centralia City firefighters responded to the scene and report Roger Parker Jr. was taken to SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital in Centralia for treatment of burns.

Parker was reportedly inside the mobile home just before 2 p.m. Saturday with two young girls ages 6 and 7, who got out of the home safely.

However, Parker feared two boys, ages 9 and 10, were still in the mobile home when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters conducted a search for the boys but later learned the two were playing elsewhere.

It’s believed the fire may have started from a furnace malfunction resulting in flames spreading throughout the home. The exterior walls and roof remained intact, but all possessions inside the home were lost.

The mobile home was rented to Elizabeth Walton, who was not home at the time. The home is owned by Doug Meyers of Centralia.

Firefighters remained on the scene for about two and a half hours.