MT. VERNON — Multiple agencies responded just after midnight Thursday to a structure fire in the 500 block of Park Avenue in Mt. Vernon.
Mt. Vernon Fire received the call around 12:14 a.m. of a fully involved structure fire at 524 Park Avenue.
Upon their arrival, firefighters noted heavy fire coming from the back of the home. Flames quickly worked their way through the roof of the home.
Jefferson Rural Fire Protection, Waltonville, and Woodlawn were all called for mutual aid.
Ameren was called to the scene to disconnect power to the residence as power lines were sparking.
A fire investigator was requested and firefighters would later return to the scene for a rekindle. Fire officials then requested a backhoe, which arrived shortly after 7 a.m.
Fire officials report the home, which was a complete loss, is owned by Linda Lankford of Centralia.